The Organization for the Prevention of Violence (OPV) website (“Website”) does not automatically gather any personally identifiable information from you (such as your name, phone number, or email address). This information is only obtained if you provide it voluntarily through an online form or contact us via email. If you choose to provide us with personal information through our Website, we’ll use that information to respond to your message or obtain your requested information. Any personal information that you do provide is kept strictly confidential and is not disclosed to anyone except to those OPV staff who need the information for legitimate business purposes (such as responding to your request). We do not trade or sell information to any second or third party. Generally, you can visit this Website without revealing any personally identifying information about yourself. However, note that this Website collects a limited amount of non-identifying information about your online visit. We collect this information to learn how our visitors interact with us online. None of this information is associated with you as an individual. If you voluntarily provide us with your personal information through this Website, we’ll only use it for the following purposes:
- To respond to you after you contact us by form, email, or phone
- To send you emails if you subscribed to our newsletter
- To personalize your user experience
- To make Website improvements based on your feedback
- To improve the information and services on this Website
The information we may collect from your visit is as follows:
- the Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access this Website;
- the type of browser, device, and operating system used to access this Website;
- the date and time you access this Website;
- screen resolution of your monitor;
- mouse clicks, mouse movements, scroll activity, and voluntary keystroke inputs;
- the pages you visit on this Website; and
- the address of another Website link, if any, that linked you to this Website.
We collect and use this information to help make this Website more useful and to understand your needs and preferences better. If we plan to use your personal information for a purpose other than those outlined above, we’ll inform you at the time we collect your information so you can give your informed consent.
If you give us your email address and opt in to join our mailing list, we’ll send you updates and other communications related to the purposes outlined in the sign up form. We comply with Canadian Anti-spam Legislation (CASL), and our email marketing provider, MailChimp, is CASL-compliant as well. If you no longer want to receive updates and other communications, you can click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails. Doing so will immediately remove you from our mailing list. Please note that you might still receive personal, non-marketing emails from a staff member. We won’t sell, rent, trade, transfer, or give your information to anyone who isn’t part of the OPV team. We do use third-party services for distributing newsletters. However, we’ll only share your information with these third-party services and send you the appropriate content if you’ve given your consent.
Embedded content from other websites
Google Ads and Google Remarketing
We use the Google Ads online advertising program and Google Remarketing technology, both operated by Google Inc. (“Google”). For measuring conversion with Google Ads, a conversion tracking cookie is placed when a user clicks on an OPV advertisement delivered by Google. Conversion tracking cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. Google uses a different cookie for each Google AdWords customer, and there is no consolidation of the cookie data with other data. If you click one of our Ads and proceed to a page equipped with a conversion tag where the cookie has not yet expired, the conversion is documented. With the help of the conversion tracking cookie, we see the total number of conversions and can review the performance of our Ads. You can find more information about Google Ads here. When you click on one of our Ads, a Google Remarketing cookie is placed. This cookie helps to serve our Ads to you when you browse the Google content network pages. Remarketing cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. For more information on Google Remarketing, please see here. To opt out of Google personalized ad serving, refer to the Opting Out section of this policy.
It’s important that you can control the collection of personal data relating to your use of our website, so we’ve provided links to help you opt out of personal data collection using cookies or other technologies as set out below.
- Use your browser settings or preferences to see and control the cookies set on your computer or mobile device. Visit http://www.aboutcookies.org to find out how.
- To opt-out of analysis by Google Analytics, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- To opt-out of personalized ad delivery on the Google content network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager. If you wish to opt-out permanently, you can install their plugin here.
- To opt out of interest-based ads on mobile devices: For android devices, open the Google Settings app and select “ads” to control the settings. Use Apple’s advertising identifier on iOS devices (with iOS 6 and above). Visit the settings menu on your device and select “Privacy,” then select “Advertising” to learn more about limiting ad tracking using this identifier.
Last updated: January 6, 2022